We are currently looking for a part-time sales associate for our retail store located at 228 Mavety St. The part-time role is to work 4-15 hours per week. We have some flexibility on the schedule but we do need someone who is available to work from 4pm until 6pm every Thursday. The ideal candidate will have capacity to work additional shifts during the peak holiday season.
Our retail store is located in Toronto's hip+ family friendly neighbourhood The Junction (228 Mavety St). We also have a seasonal warehouse in Oakville, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be comfortable performing a variety of tasks to support our in person retail and online store sales. We'd love to find someone who is already familiar with our business and has a passion for gifting and gift wrapping.
Part Time Retail Sales Associate
Starting Wage: $16 / hour
Generous Employee Discount (25% off regular price)
Approx. 4-15 hours per week* (with capacity to scale up during holiday season)
*must include 4pm - 6pm Thursday
- Provide an exceptional experience to all customers you interact with
- Become knowledgeable about the products we carry
- Help recommend appropriate options to customers looking for the perfect gift
- Facilitate the checkout process using our POS system
- Package and ship online and corporate orders
- Open and close the retail store on assigned days
- In store merchandising support
- Fulfill large corporate orders by assembling gift baskets, preparing shipping labels, packaging orders and other related tasks
- Inventory management
- Website updates (as assigned & with training)
- Assisting to prepare social media posts and videos
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in the gifting industry
- Basic gift wrapping skills
- Great attention to detail and patience
- Self-starter attitude, highly motivated
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to stand, bend, lift and reach
- Ability to life 50lbs
- Ability to work alone + work alone after dark
- Some of the products we carry are scented therefore this is NOT a scent free environment
Our customers and the community are important to us. We are looking for someone who will cultivate those relationships and provide an awesome customer experience with every interaction.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Days and hours you're free to work
- Why you'd like to work for us
We thank all applicants but we can only contact those who we think would be a good fit.
Note: we will also be hiring temporary seasonal staff to work from approximately November 15th through January 3rd for the following locations:
- Toronto (Junction store)
- South Etobicoke
Feel free to let us know if you're interested in those positions too!