We are looking for another summer student to support our in person and online retail operations.
To Apply: email your resume to email@example.com. Interviews can be in person or remote and they will be taking place as resumes come in as we need to fill this position ASAP.
- 2-4 days per week from May through August including some evenings and weekends. Exact schedule to be confirmed with current team and successful candidate.
- Must be attending college or university and planning to return in September 2023 (if attending school in Toronto there may be an opportunity to continue on part-time in the fall).
The successful candidate will be comfortable performing a variety of tasks to support our in person retail and online store sales.
- Provide an exceptional experience to all customers you interact with
- Become knowledgeable about the products we carry
- Help recommend appropriate options to customers looking for the perfect gift
- Facilitate the checkout process using our POS system
- Package and ship online and corporate orders
- Open and close the retail store on assigned days
- Fulfill large corporate orders by assembling gift baskets, preparing shipping labels, packaging orders and other related tasks
- Support inventory management as assigned by cycle counting, recommending products to re-order, etc.
- Support online marketing as assigned by drafting blog posts and preparing social media posts as assigned
- Update website backend to include new products, keywords and other regular additions and maintenance (training will be provided)
- Support corporate sales by searching for leads in targeted industries
- Distribute door hangers and other marketing materials in local neighborhoods
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be attending college or university and plan to return in September 2023
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in the gifting industry
- Great attention to detail and patience
- Self-starter attitude, highly motivated
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends