One of our core values is to support Canadian business. If we can source a product category from Canadian business we will do so. It can be challenging to find kids items from Canadian companies and we often get asked to share what Canadian kids brands we carry so read on to find out.
Books by Canadian Authors:
We have a number of books written by Canadian authors, some independently published and many about important Canadian figures. We have a selection of both board books and paperbacks suitable for kids aged 0 - 8.
Arts & Crafts
We have these amazing soapstone (and now alabaster) carving kits from a Canadian Company called Studiostone Creative. Kids starting from 6+ can make their own jewelry or animal carvings. This kits are all made in Canada.
If your kids enjoy creating DIY kits this is for them! We proudly carry Make Your Own Bath Bomb, Soap and Lip Balm kits from Kiss Naturals. The age on these kits is 6+ but I've made them with my kids (aged 3 & 5) with parental supervision. These kits are all made in Canada.
We also have one wooden cross stitch kit from Diana Watters Handmade. This kit makes the perfect keychain or backpack charm and is great for learning to cross stich.
Kids Bath & Spa Goodies
Whether you're looking for locally made Lip Balms or Bath Bombs we have an amazing selection of Canadian made products.
- Water-based kid-safe nail polish and children's makeup made by Suncoat in Guelph
- Adorable lip balms made 5 minutes from our storefront by Rebel's Refinery
- Mini Bath bombs, discovery bath bombs, bath dust and more from Alberta's Happy Hippo Bath Co
- Uniquely shaped bath bombs from Ontario's Fizz Soakery
We also have our signature kids Bath and Treat gift basket filled with some of these bath products and some Canadian treats (hot chocolate and Squish gummies).
Kids Snacks and Treats
We have some amazingly Canadian snacks and treats perfect for kids (and adults). Perfect for loot bags, custom gift baskets, stocking stuffers or just adding onto a gift.
- Single serve cotton candy by Flossie
- Gummies by Squish
- Hot chocolate and milkshake mix by Village Gourmet
This is our first year carrying lunchboxes, water bottles, containers and more. We are so thrilled to be carrying products from Keep Leaf and 3 Sprouts; both Canadian companies!
Toys for Babies & Kids
Canadian toy companies can be especially hard to find but we are proud to carry a few great options for babies and kids including
- Toy Maker of Lunenberg: a fabulous line of wooden toys handmade in Nova Scotia
- Cuddle & Kind: an heirloom brand of handknit dolls designed in Canada and ethically made with fair trade wages in Peru
- Anomia Kids: a fun card game for kids from a Canadian company!
Babies and Kids Apparel & Accessories
We carry some very high quality, well designed pieces of apparel and fun accessories for babies and kids from the following brands:
- Baby slippers handmade in BC from vegan cork/leather by SoftSoul
- Baby and toddler pajamas and clothing from Loulou Lollipop
- Purposely mismatched socks from Friday Sock Co
- Hoodies for babies and toddlers from Babes with Hoods
- Baby pajamas from Good Luck Sock
- Headbands and costume jewelry from Great Pretenders