This sweet little animal pattern makes the perfect baby gift for a darling friend or family member welcoming a little one into their lives! If you're looking for a meaty project to sink your teeth into, this is the one for you. This is a beginner level pattern.
Please note that this is a cross stitching kit, and is not a finished piece. You do however get all of this:
- Reference cover photo of finished piece
- Colour chart with DMC colour codes used along with all required thread pre-cut for easy use
- Printed PDF pattern, enlarged for easy reading
- Printed PDF stitching basics guideline for all experience levels
- Embroidery needle
- Aida Fabric in the colour indicated
- Wood dowelling for wall hanging
- felt for banner hanging
- Step by step instructions for making your finished piece into a wall hanging
NOTE: this kit DOES NOT come with an embroidery hoop. I used an 8" x 8" square plastic stitch frame to work this pattern. I found it left fewer marks on my fabric, and kept my stitches looking their best! These plastic stitch frames are readily available at Michaels, Joannes, and most other craft shops. If you aren't able to find a plastic frame, an 8" or 9" hoop will work just fine! My one recommendation is to take the fabric out of the hoop when you aren't working on your pattern to reduce the creases in the fabric.
This design was stitched on 14 count dusky teal AIDA cloth. The finished dimensions are 9" x 11"